Tuesday 31 May 2011

Mixed Medium Blending

Well for a change I thought I would share a card with you that is not in a challenge although I was tempted, I have been browsing most of the morning, to see if one would fit as I did not want this one to sit in my pictures folder going unseen because I am pretty chuffed with my colouring on this one, so I am sharing this with you although most of you may be using this teqnique already, I had coloured in my image using pro-markers,  but could not quite get my shading as deep as I wanted it so i decided to use my ink tense pencil which are watercolours by Derwent I'm sure you have heard of them, they are pure pigment colour which means you can keep applying and get deeper and richer colours, where ever you need them, I was so shocked and surprised by the finished result, that i got a bit carried away and thought what other stamps do I have that I could use this teqnique.

 

 

redandchoccloseup

If you look closely at her hair in the top picture just around the band I had used my deepest brown which is henna, but needed it darker, and below on her skirt, I had used a very dark red to emphasise the ruffles on her dress, I also used a sakura glitter pen on the hem of her dress which gave it a slight shimmer.

rednchoc

I hope I can share more tips and teqniques like this with you again. Hope you like it.

See you again soon.

 

 

signaturen02-1

Design H_

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...